Having completed my 365 Project XLV, I breathed a big sigh of relief.
Gone is the stress (and some days it was stressful) of finding a half-decent shot every day to keep the project going. Now I’m wondering what to do next.
I still have my 117 Pictures in 2017 and 52 Weeks of 2017 challenges which I will continue to complete throughout the year, but I am beginning to miss having a specific personal project to focus some attention on.
April will be a very busy month without adding photography to the mix so I’ve got time to come up with some ideas and consider a few options of where to take my photography from May. At the moment my list looks like this;
- Get a Photobook made of my 365 Project
- Do more film photography and develop my own films
- Set up my studio again, maybe focus on product photography which I’m quite interested in at the moment
- Practise head shots and portraits with a view to offering this as a paid service to clients
- Start a local personal project – buildings, landmarks, abstracts?
- Submit my best work to a few stock agencies and see if I can make some money from them
- Get up early and go for morning walks with a camera
- Try some ‘fine art’ style shots
- Get a bunch of prints made of my best images and see if a local establishment will display them for sale
- Empty my garage of clutter and junk to make a bigger usable photo studio space
Hmm, that became a longer list than I had expected. Still, lots to think about.